Monday, March 14, 2011

Start Training...

So I have decided to do my first Sprint Triathlon. My goal is to cross the finish line at Fox Island on June 19th http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131198106949035. I am going to try not to worry about my time to much because I'm pretty sure it is going to bad, I just want to cross the finish line standing up! I joined a gym to lift and it also has a small pool (very small only about 10m or 11m) so I can work on drills and stuff but I think I will have to purchase a swim pass for a larger pool once I feel my form has improved. For now I am following the 10 week sprint tri training program from http://www.trinewbies.com. I have started to buy all my gear thanks to my father who has helped me with the initial financial kick to the wallet. I have bought my goggles and found a great deal on a tri suit. I have narrowed down my bike selection and plan on purchasing some cycling bibs in the next couple of days. Tried some on today and it totally converted me to bibs as opposed to cycling shorts. So much more comfortable.

Training:
Yesterday I did some light lifting. Today I worked on my weakest discipline...swimming. All I can say is I am sore... oh and I really need to learn how to breath to the side instead of lifting my head forward. My goggles worked wonderful no fogging at all! I've washed my suit many times and yet I still had some sand still in my suit from when we were in the ocean while in Delaware.

Tomorrow is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment