Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thursday swim, Friday off, Saturday run

Thursday I had my 1st official swim workout. I have been doing some laps and some drills to work on my form but this was an actual workout just laps, not many only 200m doing 25m with 15sec rest between. 15sec is not a very long time for a just ok swimmer. I felt exerted after this workout. LOVE IT!
Friday was my off day I took this opportunity to sleep a lot to rid this cold. I am down to about a mild cough. Thumbs up! Breathing treatments are my friends I love my albuterol.
Saturday was a good day. I went back to a shop to look at swim stuff but got talking about bikes again, I test rode the Felt zw95. It was very nice I liked it a lot. Then we got talking about the Orbea's and after talking for a bit to the owner he said if I was interested he is going to bring in his daughters 2010 bike that she is not using anymore that happens to be just my size for me to ride and buy at used price. This guy is awesome he really knows his stuff I have no doubt that he doesn't take good care of it so I really don't mind buying a 1yo bike from him. I'm so excited I wish it was Monday so I can take it out for a spin! The components are a little down grade than the Canondale I was possibly looking at but I am ok with that, the price is awesome and I can upgrade the components later after I get my feet wet. All in all its a great bike with great reviews. It is a 2010 Orbea Aqua Dama T23. Black and sliver (Awesomeness!) with light blue handlebar tape. He might throw in some pedals to so that would save me even more money! I'm diggin this deal.
On Saturday I also ordered some zoomer swim fins and hand paddles to enhance my swim workouts. And I got my race belt that had a built in slot for my inhaler.  Saturday was a good day!
Tomorrow's workout is bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment